The PD-4 physically destroys hard drives by bending, breaking and mangling the hard drive and its internal components including the data platters. The data platters are bent and separated from the hub, the hard drive housing is cracked, the PC board is broken and the read/write heads are mangled.
The PD-4 meets NIST, HIPAA, PCI-DSS and GLBA compliance and guidelines requiring destruction of data contained on hard drives.
- Meets NSA/CSS SDDM 9 – 12
- Door Open Safety Lockout System
- Optional non-powered (Manual) operation with safety switch
- Advanced redundant design eliminates the need for an “Emergency Stop!” button
- CE Mark/ANSI Independent Certification
- Automated Crush Depth Function with integrated jam sensor
- Shatter-proof transparent door
- Crushes multiple drives at a time with up to 40,000 psi. of force
- Quiet, office friendly table top design
- Removable debris tray
- No hydraulics
- Optional MIL – SPEC shipping case with wheels and telescoping handle
- No adapters needed
- Weight: Less than 75 lbs
Hard Disk Destruction
Open the door and insert a hard drive. With single button operation, the PD-4’s high strength stainless steel wedge bends, breaks, mangles and crushes the media meeting NSA/CSS SDDM 9 – 12 requirements as well as DoD Emergency Destruction Guidelines. The PD-4 features an Automated Crush Depth Function controlled by internal logic that both senses the height of the hard drive media in the chamber and calibrates the most effective crush depth. The Door Open Safety Lockout System stops the PD-4 immediately if the door is opened during the destruction cycle.
Rather than taking media to the destroyer, bring the light weight PD – 4 right to the media. The PD-4 has a footprint no larger than most desktop computers and ships safely in the optional MIL – SPEC shipping case.
Built to the highest standards in the industry, the PD-4’s stainless steel crushing wedge resists chips and dents. The PD-4 has proven extremely reliable since its introduction in 2009. The PD-4 does not use hydraulics to crush so there is no need for an extra “Emergency Stop” switch or oil spill containment mat.
Chamber accommodates all media up to 4.5” (113 mm) wide by 6.5” (165 mm) deep by 2.0” (50mm) high. The PD-4 can crush multiple drives at a time including two 1” drives or as many as 8 laptop drives.
The wedge descends in 8-10 seconds for a quick cycle time.