TD2 Kit delivers advanced functions and exceptional performance in a compact, durable and easy-to-use package. The TD2 was engineered for standalone forensic acquisitions in both field and lab settings, natively imaging both SATA and IDE/PATA hard drives at drive limited speeds in excess of 8 GB/min, in a 1:1 or a 1:2 (aka, “twinning”) configuration.
TD2: Taking Excellence to the Next Level
Built on the strength and reputation of Tableau’s venerable TD1, the newly released Tableau TD2 Forensic Duplicator delivers advanced functions and exceptional performance in a compact, durable and easy-to-use package. This second-generation product was engineered for standalone forensic acquisitions in both field and lab settings, natively imaging both SATA and IDE/PATA hard drives at speeds up to 9GB/min. Utilizing the same protocol modules as TD1, investigations can (optionally) include USB and SAS suspect drives.
Accelerated Architecture and Features
TD2 offers “Twinning” support, for 1:2 drive duplication. Visit our Firmware Update page to download the firmware update for TD2 twinning. Standard features include Disk-to-Disk and Disk-to-File duplication, Format, Wipe, Hash (MD5 or SHA-1), HPA / DCO detection and removal, and Blank Disk Check. TD2 can write out in raw DD, EnCase .e01 (compressed), and will be field-upgradable to EnCase v7 .ex01. As with all Tableau forensic products, TD2 is firmware upgradeable through the Tableau Firmware Update (TFU) utility.
Powerful and Easy to Use
TD2 is powerful, but still designed for ease of use. Default settings in TD2 can be configured to allow use from a single physical button. Or, if you prefer, use the TD2 soft-keys and alpha-numeric LCD to select from a comprehensive list of forensic duplicator functions.
The Perfect Tool for Cloning or Imaging Storage Devices
TD2 provides the flexibility of cloning (disk-to-disk) or imaging (disk-to-file) storage media. TD2 images to dd/raw, compressed .e01, and .DMG output file formats. TD2’s patented hardware acceleration makes imaging to compressed .e01 files extremely fast and efficient. Learn about all of TD2’s features by downloading the TD2 User Manual, available at www.tableau.com/TD2.
Great Performance in the Field or Lab
With TD2, there is no forensics performance penalty: MD5 and SHA-1 hashing are always on. To handle very large files in excess of 4 GB, TD2 supports the exFAT file system for destination
drives. Please visit www.tableau.com/support to download the latest TD2 firmware update.
- Disk-to-Disk duplication
- Disk-to-File duplication (.dd, .DMG, & .e01)
- Output to exFAT file system
- 1:1 or 1:2 Duplication
- Format Disk
- Wipe Disk
- Hash Disk (MD5 and SHA-1)
- HPA/DCO Detection and Removal
- View / Save / Print Log Files
- Blank Disk Check (Source / Destination)
- Image with MD5 and SHA-1 Verification
- Data Entry via TD2 UI or by Connecting a USB keyboard
- User Entered Directory, Case Name, Case Notes, and Examiner Information
Each TD2 kit includes:
- TD2 Forensic 1:2 Duplicator
- TP4 High Output Power Supply
- TC2-8-R2 Molex Power Cable
- TC6-8 IDE Signal Cable
- TC3-8 SATA Signal Cable
- TC4-8-R2 Unified SAS Cable (2x)
- TC5-8-R2 Molex/SATA Power Cable
- TC7-6-6 FireWire 400 Cable
- TDA3-1 Micro SATA Disk Adapter
- TDA5-18 1.8” IDE Hard Drive Adapter
- TDA5-25 2.5” IDE Hard Drive Adapter
- TDA5-ZIF ZIF IDE Hard Drive Adapter
- TC6-2 IDE Signal Cable
- TC20-3-2 ZIF Cable (2x)
- TC20-3-3 ZIF Cable (2x)